Geowoodstock XVII (2019) Travel Bug Guidelines
Based on growth of previous Geowoodstock’s, we are expecting 6,000 to 10,000 trackables through the TB Area. To accommodate this level of activity in a fairly short period, the following guidelines will be used.
There will be no registering of TB numbers into or out of the Travel Bug area.
It is the responsibility of the cacher who logged the TB/coin into the event to either drop it at the TB area or pass it on to another cacher. It is also the responsibility of the cacher who retrieves the TB/coin to log it properly in a timely manner.
As the owner of a TB or coin dropped into the event, it is up to you to contact the person who plans to bring your TB/coin about any concerns you may have.
TB TRADERS will be asked to
1. Put the individual TBs into a ziploc baggie (replace if in bad shape)
2. Print out the bug sheet for each TB, insert into baggie
3. Put a small slip of paper inside the baggie and Give it one of several mission labels listed below for ease of sorting – WHERE the TB WANTS TO GO!! If it wants a particular state, list that as well. (Destination List Below)
4. You will receive 1 ticket for each TB you bring there will be NO prize raffle, this will allow you to take the same number of TB’s during the day on Saturday until 3 pm.
5. As you leave the TB area: You will be asked to turn in 1 ticket for each TB you are taking.
6. Those not having brought TB’s will get the opportunity to pick up a limited number TB’s after 3:30pm on Saturday until all TB’s are dispensed.
7. DISCOVER LOGS of TB’s in the TB area will be discouraged due to the high volume of TBs and cachers expected. There will be a limited number of large TB’s set aside whose owners have requested Discover logs. These will be available for pick up after 3pm on Saturday at the owner’s discretion.
- AW – No specific mission / task For bugs that can basically go anywhere to complete a mission, or have none at all. Please list in 1-2 words the specific task, Task – MLB parks.
States – Travel Bugs wishing to visit all 50 states, or lower 48 states
- TX – Travel Bugs wishing to Remain in Texas
- SE – Southeast States – Florida, So. Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Mississippi
- NE – North East States – Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
- MA – Mid-Atlantic States – Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, and Wash DC
- SC – South Central States– Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas
- MW – Midwest States– Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois
- NP – Northern Plains States – Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming
- SW – Southwest States – California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Nevada
- NW -Northwest States – Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska
- CAN -Canada – Eastern Canada, Western Canada
- EUA – Europe / Africa / Mideast –
- PAC -Pacific regions – Hawaii, Asia, Australia
- LAM – Latin America – Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, South America
TB trading times
5/24 Friday Stockyard Lone Star Room – 3 PM – 5 PM – A table will be available so TB’s can be dropped off only, to accommodate cachers who want to head out to cache early Saturday morning. Tickets will be handed out, but TB’s will not be available for pick up until Saturday.
5/25 Sat – 9 am – 3 pm (TB area will be closed when all TB’s are gone, or by 4 PM)